Sunday 23 February 2014

Top 5 Covergirl Products

Hey Guys :)

CoverGirl I feel mixed emotions towards you!!! A lot of the face and eye products that are super personal to a person and I feel like are geared towards Caucasian women. I have tried a couple of their foundations which are really thick and creamy and are too heavy for my complexion. I also went out to buy a number of their mascaras and just hated them. It did absolutely nothing for my eyelashes. I have really small ones that are stubby and stubborn that go straight downwards. So the mascara's don't really work for me. I have compiled a list of 5 products that will not fail you!

Here is my Video Review, please watch for the rundown: 


1. Cover Girl Eye Enhancers 3-Kit Eyeshadow in Golden Sunset or Sea Glass - $6.49
One of my most loved and used eyeshadow palettes. It offers three brown shades ranging from the highlight to the all over the lid and the crease colour. It really makes brown eyes stand out and can easily be transitioned from day time to night looks! They do not crease on me and if you stick a primer underneath it will last longer and be more vibrant! There is a bit of fallout so don't forget to tap off the excess. It is really creamy, easy to blend and pigmented! Very ideal for everyday and to stick in the makeup purse for on the go! 


2) CoverGirl Clean Pressed Oil Control Powder in Tawny - $6.97
I use this to contour my face! Yes this is a pressed powder, meaning it is MEANT to blend into your face flawlessly! This colour is the perfect tint to make it look like a shadow instead of orange and off on my skintone. What makes it even better is that it is a oil control powder so oil free face! You can also try it as a powder which will do the trick too. :) I personally love it for both powder and contouring. It won't cake up your foundation or concealer. Design is sleek, with a big enough mirror to touch up during the day with the puff it provides you. Bonus: Catch it on sale and its really inexpensive!

3. CoverGirl TRUBlend Fixstick Concealer in Medium Deep - $9.97
If you loved the L'Oreal Super Blendable Crayon Concealer, you will love this more! It has a really plastic smell and I noticed it more when I was using it to contour my nose. I swear I contour in my everyday routine just because I have such a circle face. This is so easy to blend into the skin, does not cake up. I recommend this for on the go, the way it is packaged is a twistable pen and the cap doesn't fall off when moving travelling. If you use this normally it will cancel our those dark under eye circles as well as hide the puffiness, & finer lines. It is not as moisturizing so make sure you moisturize before your regular face routine.

 4) Covergirl TRUMagic Skin Perfecter in 110 The Sunkisser - $11.97
Oooooh this is a really fun product that I had to include. ABSOLUTELY LOVE this texture! IT is a silicone-gel formula with a yellow undertone. After application it will have a powder finish. Again I did not find it drying because I always wear moisturizer underneath. It is really easy to blend and just something that is fun and innovative in the drugstore world! Packaging is really huge and not suitable for travel, but it really works for my skin as a contour :)

5. CoverGirl LipPerfection Lipstick in Enchantress - $8.47
I would probably replace this lipstick with my lipbalms. They are very comfortable to wear on the lips! They offer such a huge colour range and for all different skin types! They are super moisturizing and do not settle in to those lip lines that I hate so much! They last for a very long time, approximately 5-6 hours before I had to reapply. 

Covergirl is not one of my top drugstore brands I gravitate towards but there are some gems in the rough. I plan to try out more things in the line in the future! Let me know what you think of the products down below 


The Song I used in the video is from Boyce Avenue - One Life

Thank you SO much for Reading =) ALL LOVE EVERYWHERE. Keep Smiling! 
xxxx 
Melissa 

No comments:

Post a Comment