Thursday 23 January 2014

Thursday Thirteen: Winter Favourites!! From Fashion to Lifestyle!





Winter is the time to bring out your warm knits, sweaters and LAYERS. Here is my list of things I love especially in the winter in video and text form :) 



  1. Beauty (Face): Covergirl TruBlend Fixstick Concealer $9.97
    This season, ditch the blush completely and let your natural flush from the cold air. Instead, use the concealer stick to contour your face. This stick has a creamy consistency and blends really well into your skin. 
  2. Beauty (Eyes): Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner $26.00
    Thin Black Line was a rage back in the 60's using a skinny black line on your top eye. Stila does such an incredible job with this liner as it has a felt tip which really gives you precision and once it sets, it does not budge. Definitely a favourite of mine. 
  3. Beauty (Lips): Maybelline Color Sensational Lipstick in Fushia Flash $5.50
    Hands down, the most BEST drugstore lipstick on the market right now. I am such a lip junkie.. I collect lipsticks because they are so pretty to display. It's a bad addiction.
  4. Beauty (Nail Polish): Deborah Lipman It's Raining Men Nail Polish $20.00
    I love Deborah Lipman's nail polishes! If a designer specializes in making only one product, you know it's good. Red nails is such a classic look on your nails, it is high maintenance but it just makes your fingers and hands look so damn attractive. Just a classic creme nail, application with so much ease and very opaque colour pay off. 
  5. Fashion: Button Up Cardigans from Dynamite $44.98
    I can throw one of these bad boys INSTANTLY over any t-shirt or tank. The buttons on a cardigan is a must because it can be worn opened and then if it gets nippy, button up! This sweater that I absolutely adore has the grey texture that I fall in love with time and time again. 
  6. Fashion: Beanie from eBay $3.20
    Keeps your warm head! The most important part of your body. To keep it fashionable and chic is a whole new level. I found this really cute beanie on eBay for less than $4!! That is cray. 
  7. Candles: Red Velvet Cupcake from Bath and Body Works $10.00
    Prepare for your room to smell like a cupcake shop. This legitimately smells like the cupcake, if you know what it tastes like this is the exact smell. Everytime it is lit, it makes me feel like I ate the cupcake then I won't have to go out and buy one. :)
  8. Fitness: Hot Yoga Price Varies
    Try it out this season. There are so many different varieties and the one I absolutely adore is Moksha. It is cold outside.. if ya didn't know.. and the best feeling is entering a warm room after being hit with a gust of cold air. After you feel SO refreshed and ready to go on with your day. I usually pick up hot yoga in the winter and ditch it in the warmer months because you got to enjoy what God gave you! 
  9. Food: Dim Sum
    Need I say more? 
  10. Snack: Angie's Boom Chica Pop Popcorn $3.99
    Where do I start with this... this popcorn is all naturale!! With only 35 calories a cup, the thirst is REAL. This is gluten free, tastes super light and just enough salt and oil to make you eat literally the WHOLE bag. It is embarrassing to tell you how many I ate on vacation. You know how you scan the ingredient list, I was taken aback to see that there is only 3 including: popcorn, sunflower oil and sea salt. 
  11. Dessert: YOGURTLAND $0.30 - $0.50 per ounce
    This may only be in America... but I had the pleasure of trying it while I was in LA. You can be part of the club with me. We can be friends and bond over how this guilty pleasure is so YUMMY yet still kind of healthy for you! This is yogurt so it contains less calories, and a LOT healthier than ice cream and the toppings is an array of fruits and desserts. Each flavour is approximately 20-35 calories per ounce.  Swirl safely! 
  12. Tea: David's Tea Alphine Punch $7.50 per 50 grams
    Prepare your tastebuds for an explosion of apples and almonds!! This is a seasonal winter tea that should be a permanent tea in their collection. It smells so warm and when it hits your tongue it just warms the whole body. You can really taste the Almond in the tea, the fruity combination balances the whole tea and embodies winter in a cup or mug... pick your thingy to put the tea in ;)
  13. Song: The First Cut is the Deepest by Sheryl Crow

I've been kicking it back old school and this song just reminds me of the good ol' days. It makes me feel all tingly and cozy. It is also SO easy to sing to which is the songs I love to listen. I'm a country girl at heart.

I'm sneaking in one more song cause I want you to try it as well!
If I Didn't Have You - Thompson Square



I put so much effort into thinking about all my favourites! Let me know what your favourites are and if you try any of mine!


P.S. Song Featured in my Video: 100 Years - Five For Fighting


xxx
Keep Smiling!
Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment