Wednesday 11 December 2013

Skinny Raspberry Chocolate Chip Scones COBS EDITION

TODAYYYYYY I am showing you how to make THIS:




Background Story 

I am absolutely OBSESSED with COBS. I cannot even describe my love for them. It is just crazy.

My friend bought me this cheese and pesto scroll... 


oh my gosh. It is all about the centre. It's just loaded with sauce, super moist and VERY flavourable. Then she got me this... 
and let me just say... the opposite happens here. It's all about the outside! The little bits of white chocolate chips with raspberries is where its AT! If you have a local cobs bakery around you I recommend you to go hit the place up and try these. There was a point where I was eating one of these every day. One night my girls and I decided we needed a healthier alternative cause we can enjoy life but we also don't want to get chubs! So Kelsey and I collaborated and made the skinny raspberry and chocolate scone! It's whole wheat and we choose healthy alternatives to cute out fat. 

Recipe: 

Ingredients:
  • 2 1/2 Cups of Whole Wheat Flour 
  • 1/4 Cup Brown Sugar 
  • 1 Tablespoon of Baking Powder 
  • 1/2 Teaspoon of Coarse Sea Salt 
  • 1/2 Cup Plain Non-Fat Greek Yogurt
  • 1 Cup Buttermilk 
  • 1 Egg Yolk 
  • 2 Cups of Raspberries 
  • 1/4 Cup Chocolate Chips 


Instructions:

  1. Preheat Oven 400 Degrees F
  2. Mix all Dry ingredients together: Flour, Brown Sugar, Baking Powder, Sea Salt 
  3. Then Add Greek Yogurt, Mix Again! Until Pea size pieces form 
  4. Add Buttermilk and Egg Yolk, Mix! Your dough must be a nice spongy texture, if it is too moist add more flour! 
  5. Flour your counter, Knead it 3 Times, Then fold in raspberries and chocolate chips 
  6. Roll it out so it is 1 inch in diameter and cut into pieces of your desired size 
  7. Transfer to Wax paper  and leave it in the oven for 18-20 minutes. 



VIDEO TUTORIAL: 

No comments:

Post a Comment